Friday, November 2, 2012

Thank God It's The Weekend!!!!!

Hey there Nation!  Sorry I haven't been posting lately.  I've had no time to fish all week!  I can't wait to finally wet a line this weekend.  Tomorrow I think I will head to a pond up in Woodstock that's open year round.  I had good luck there in the spring.  Fish and Game stocks two year old brown trout and three year old brookies in this pond as well as one year old brookies, browns and rainbows.  Say what you want about stocked fish but the fact that they are already quite large when they're stocked leaves some tempting possibilities at catching a real hog.  I've heard stories from some local old timers about browns over 7 pounds!  A fish like that would make my whole season, but I would be delighted just to catch an 8 incher this weekend.  It's going to feel great just to get out there, fish or no fish.  Hopefully there will be some browns cruising the shallows!  Ponds are pretty much the only option right now.  Hurricane Sandy brought most of the rivers up to an un-fishable level.

One of my best friends and fishing buddy is heading out to the Salmon River for some steelies on Sunday.  I was supposed to join him but classes and money are tight for me right now.  I'm bummed that I couldn't go but I'm excited to hear how he does and will probably post a report about his trip on here.  So Steve, if your reading this, you better come back with some good fish pics!  And also anyone out there with recent fishing stories, feel free to share them on this blog!  If I'm not catching fish we might as well talk about someone who is!

Here's a great video I found today.  I know exactly how this guy feels, I often find myself in this same situation when doing home work.


No comments:

Post a Comment