Monday, October 1, 2012

Mad but Beautiful River

Hello Nation!  Hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy the outdoors this weekend.  The weather might not have been ideal but if you're anything like me, a little rain is no big deal.  I actually find fishing in the rain to be quite enjoyable as long as you have the proper gear to stay dry.

I fished the Mad River yesterday in Campon, Thorton and Waterville mostly along Route 49.  Didn't catch anything but the magnificent foliage made up for that.  The foliage in NH never ceases to amaze me!  Especially up in the White Mountains.  If you have never been up there this time of year, YOU MUST GO!  It is truly mind blowing.  I'm not an expert but it seems to me that this Columbus Day weekend is going to be perfect timing for peak colors up in the Whites.

My new rod has been casting like a dream!  I'm not sure if it's because of the extra leverage I'm getting from the 9 feet or the fact that it's a brand new rod but I've been casting further and smoother than I ever have before.  I recommend the Cabelas Three Forks Fly Rod to anyone.  It is such a high quality rod for an unbeatable price.

If you've been following my posts, by this time you may be asking yourself if this guy even knows how to catch a fish.  I assure you it will happen soon!  Loads of homework and studying have prevented me from fishing as much as I would like to.  At the price I'm paying to go to school I can't afford to let fishing get in the way.  I've got the rest of my life to fish and only one shot at getting a degree.  But there is always some room for fishing :).  In the mean time to keep you entertained here's some pictures I took at the Mad River yesterday.  If I have time tomorrow I might go look for some brook stock Atlantic salmon in the Pemi in Bristol.  I'll also probably check out the Newfound River in Bristol for some landlocked salmon making their way out of the lake for fall spawning.

Tight lines everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment