Friday, October 12, 2012

Salmon Fever!

Good afternoon Nation!  Sorry I haven't posted much in the past week.  I went home to Henniker for the three day weekend last week and spent most of my time duck hunting.  Between me and my buddies, we shot a lot of birds over the weekend.  I manged to drop a beautiful drake wood duck which is going to make  for some great flies!


I did fish a little bit when I was at home.  I caught two beautiful native brookies in a small tributary of the Contoocook River.  They were both in full spawning colors and put up quite a fight!  Both were about 6-8 inches.  Sorry, no pictures of them.  I wanted to release them immediately to aid in the sustaining of a natural population.  These natives will usually aggressively strike just about anything you throw in front of them this time of year.  Most stream fishing ends the 15th of this month, so get out there and take advantage of the fall weather and experience some of the most beautiful fish colors.

Since I caught my first broodstock Atlantic, addicted would be an understatement.  I've went to the Pemi the past two nights in search of them with no results.  I've seen a lot of salmon jumping out and was lucky enough to snap some pictures of a guy next to me who caught one yesterday.  There was a lot of anglers there last night and that was the only fish I saw get caught all day.  In a bit of a rush with this post so I can get back out there right now!  I've seen a lot of fish around 5 pounds jumping out of the water.  I saw a real whopper leap out yesterday that I swear had to have been over 10 pounds!  

Well I'm off to the Pemi now!  Going to hit it hard, wish me luck!


\
Tight lines Nation!  Get out there!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment